One sip of a thick liquid drink cheerfully made with dark chestnut beans, blended with crushed ice and sometimes a scoop of vanilla ice cream, the drink which makes you feel alive and refresh your brain is what my mouth is craving for even while writing about it.
Yes, your imagination is right. I am talking about our partner/addiction COFFEE. The aroma which develops with it make many people order it, drink it. But do you know all about coffee? How many sips of it fine to take in a day?
This cure of laziness, sometimes termed as a gift of heaven has a lot of secrets attached to it. Here’s all about our beloved coffee and everything netted to it-
Let’s talk about the good first!
- Protects from diseases- The most important benefit of drinking coffee is it protects you from many diseases. It reduces the risk of diseases such as cancer, stroke, diabetes. According to a study, drinking 4 cups of coffee a day is reasonable and justified to protect from oral cancers and strokes.
- Mood switcher- Coffee is a mood switcher. With the presence of caffeine in it, coffee helps fight depression and one sip of it can really cheer up your mood.
- Coffee reduce suicidal risks- Uncanny to listen and believe? But it is a truth! According to a study conducted by Harvard’s School of Public Health in 2013, a person who drinks 2 to 3 cups of coffee a day cut down the risks of his/her suicide by nearly 45% as the presence of caffeine helps in boosting the moods of the people.
- Works as a fat burner- It seems that the presence of caffeine in the coffee is seriously special for us. The caffeine helps in breaking down the fat cells in the body.
- Increases concentration level- 2-3 cups of coffee a day is what you need if you are having trouble related to focus and alertness of your mind.
- Helps in reducing weight- With the presence of potassium and magnesium in it, coffee helps your body use up insulin, which results in regulating the sugar levels in the blood. This will in turn decrease cravings for snacks and sugary savories which truly helps in reducing weight!
Caffeine truly is a blockbuster in our life, Being a regular sipper, I can not even imagine living a life without it! Thanks for being by my side during my thick and thin.
But let’s face it. Coffee doesn’t come only bearing gifts. There is more to it so here are all things bad about it! Keep your eyes open pal, it is the time to read it!
All negative attached to it
- Lack of sleep and anxiety- Here we go, too much consumption of caffeine can affect your sleep as well as create anxiety and make you starve for sleep. It can even cause insomnia. Beware, pal, it seems that caffeine is not as good as we think.
- Coffee may cause spinal bone loss- Here’s an alert for women, if you consume more than 2-3 cups of coffee a day but don’t have enough calcium in your diet approximately 800 mg, you are in danger girl. Make sure to balance it for your own good.
- Harmful for pregnant women- According to a study, a pregnant woman should not drink more than a cup of coffee a day and if possible try to skip it every other day. The doctors suspect that caffeine is sensitive to children.
- Harmful for kids- Excess intake of caffeine may make a child lazy and can also cause bed wetting. Children of age 5-7 years should not drink more than a cup of coffee a day. Coffee addiction could really be a trouble for children, especially for this age group.
This is really confusing, should we drink or should we not? Here’s the conclusion.
One can surely have a cup of coffee a day but if possible you can skip it once or twice a week in that as well. Caffeine here is the result for you, you are not totally out, we are keeping in our life. Although in the small numbers, we will keep having your sips and refreshing ourselves.